Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Mother of All Blog Entries

She doesn't think of me as a "fixer-upper"
She doesn't make gourmet dinners, she cooks supper
People talk when she enters a conversation, not a room
She always smells great wearing Freshly Cut Grass perfume
She'll kiss no toads ESPECIALLY if they're rich
She's not a selfish, corporate, diva bitch
She'll scratch my back if I do or don't have an itch
She won't take an I.O.U. when it's time to switch
She baits her own hooks, can explain the blue line trap
She'll say, "Hey, me too!" if I'm having a beer or a nap
She gets the utter futility of making a bed
She never tires of combing a bald guy's head
She likes my writing and says it's "ever so smart"
She secretly believes it might be art
She won't stroke my ego. She saves me from myself
If it sucks, she'll tell me. Like when I rhyme "self" with "self"
She's the love of my life. She'll spoil me for any other
She's the woman I want to be my children's mother
Surfreudipusly she resembles my Mom in some ways
I sure hope we can share many future Mother's Days

No comments:

Post a Comment