Monday, July 10, 2017

Another Sleepless Summer Night

Hey.

Did you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world?

Ever sing a song or hum a song or have a song in your head, or, in my special case, have a song as your dream soundtrack, that you have sung, hummed, listened to or had in your head a thousand times before and said, "It's time to really scrutinize this song!"? And by the way, is there ANY correct way to punctuate that question?


This is Charlie Rich, the singer of the song, "The Most Beautiful Girl." It's a country song from my childhood. It's a catchy piano tune and it was very popular for a while. Last time I heard it wasn't even a year ago. It's one of those songs I've heard my whole life. No matter where I go.

Hey.

I like that part of the song. It's a grabber. He's saying, "Let's get personal audience. I'm talking to you. No I don't mean the collective you, I mean just you. One on one. It's you and me amigo and I'm asking you to do me a solid.

Hey. Electric word, "hey," and it means the same thing in a lot of languages. Hey, I need you to listen to me right now. I need your full attention. Look at me! Listen to me! Pay me some attention. For the love of God, don't ignore me! The Gary Larson cartoon when "Dave" invents a helmet that allows him to understand dog language and he puts it on and every dog in the neighbourhood is saying, "Hey!" "Hey, hey, hey!" "Hey. Heyheyhey. Hey!" Like that fox in the picture might be saying.

Hey. We're good so far. Hey. Did you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world?

Well, Charlie, that's a tall order. I have traveled a bit, but of the four billion girls in the world, I gotta tell you, I'm pretty sure NObody's even seen half of them. But... hey. I'm going to try to help you out cuz your song has brought me some joy so let's say she's between the ages of, what, 18 and 30? Okay, 18 and 40. It's still a small window of 22 years when a woman's beauty is most appreciated. Isn't it? And, let's say her beauty IS appreciated and she's won homecoming queen or a beauty contest or she's an actress or an internet hostess of some sort. A model, flight attendant, she is doing something that exposes her beauty to the world, STILL, maybe I HAVE seen her, but I find a woman with a stretched neck, huge holes in her lips and ears and a massive gap between her front teeth beautiful. What kind of weight are we talkin' a deuce, deuce and a half? lol Well, some men are attracted to hefty gals. They're not as apt to bite your head off for a snack. Hangry. Skinny girls tend to be more hangry. Have a bitchaway sandwich, why don't you?

And this naturally leads us to inner or outer beauty. Some very attractive girls can lose a lot of beauty points with bad personalities, and depending who you are, some can gain a lot with good ones. Maybe I'm a guy who goes for sense of humour in a girl and Charlie Rich isn't. Who's to know? And I think most guys like a woman who is generally happy and smiling. But then, if you're ugly, you have less to smile about. If I ask a girl, "Hey. Do you know who Quasimodo was?" and she says something like, "Rings a bell!" I have instant wood. But maybe the old Silver Fox is more of an outer beauty sort of fella. Maybe he's a breast man or an ass man and as long as baby got bongo back she can say, "Sure, Chuck, she does my nails," and he won't care a lick.

Or, maybe Charlie Rich was employing some poetic licence. Maybe he was just saying, "She walked out on me. And I miss her. And maybe she wasn't perfect, maybe she had her flaws, maybe sometimes I wanted to strangle her, but, aw screw it I'll just come right out and say it, she was the most beautiful girl in the world!" And this'll probably get him a few awwwws. Maybe most from the female listeners. Perhaps a smattering of applause from an audience or even a tear. Yes, we will clap for you, you big romantic, lying lug. Self-delusion applause comin' up! Atta boy! You keep telling yourself that! Hang in there! We're behind you a hundred percent in your efforts. To keep yourself and your girl trapped in the relationship by building it on lies. I'll buy your album and listen to your song again.

But we're all a little stupid when we're in love, aren't we? The most beautiful girl in the world, no matter how you're measuring beauty, is statistically going to be in China or India. If she really is the one, if she really, REALLY is Charlie's soul mate, you gotta ask, "Charlie Rich? Ever been to China or India?" China is not a musical country. How many Chinese artists or bands have you heard on the radio or seen on Soul Train or Top of the Pops? They're too busy working, having babies and trying to rule the world. "Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting." That is China's musical contribution and it's only the Kung Fu that's Chinese, not the artists behind the song. India, on the other hand, may be the most musical country in the world! You can't find an Indian movie, of the thousands they make, without a song or two in it. Think of all the Indians you know, (and I'll break your face if you are picturing native North Americans). Don't they all seem to constantly have songs in their heads? They do to me. Most of them. But I just don't think country music is their thing. In fact I imagine any of the country music standby's sung in an Indian accent and it's comedy. Just try it, it's fun! "Stand by your man." "I've got friends in low places." Or, "Hey. Did you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world?" All sung by Apu Nahassapeemapetalon. Comedy gold!

But I'll give old Chuck a break for being love stunned. Even though he probably hasn't been to India or China, even though he probably hasn't seen more than 1 or 2% of the girls in the world, even though his soul mate probably doesn't like country music much less HIS country music, doesn't live in his country, doesn't speak the same language, eat the same food, or have much if anything in common with him, let's just say she is this girl who lived in the same country, state, city, went to the same school, had some of the same classes, and was in the after school jazz band where they met, let's say she IS his soul mate, and to him, is the most beautiful girl in the world. Well, then you could have a pretty good little song if you sing something like, "Tell her I'm sorry. Oh won't you tell her that I love her?" He's hurting. He needs his woman back. You can feel the sorrow and even a tough parole officer could sense remorse in those lines. The only thing he could do to mess that up would be to include some example of human frailty, imperfection and annoying narcissism and selfishness. Like,

"Hey. Did you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world? And if you did, was she crying?" "Heh heh heh. The old Silver Fox has STILL got it!" "Oh yeah! She's missing all of THIS!" "I made HER cry! I am the MAN! WOOOO!"

This morning at the usual time between 3 and 4 AM, I'm up fighting mosquitoes and singing this song in my head because it was the soundtrack of the dream I was awoken from, and for the first time I'm really contemplating the lyrics. And I gotta say, nah. Not terrible, but coulda been better.

What else is rattling through my grey matter waaay too early this morning? I'm done the school semester and finished with my camp so have no official work until September. It's nice to have time off but Taiyuan, where I am, is not the most happening place. I can't find a mountain or hill nearby to hike, sports facilities or a gym to work out at so the only thing I do for exercise is walk around. If there WERE something to do, I would have found it by now. Then, given the air quality on most days, walking around and around may not be the healthiest of pastimes. Plus, it's 36 degrees and humid so I mostly sit indoors in a layer of funky slime and use my computer. Yesterday I was watching some of these hidden history videos on YouTube. These things are GREAT! They make me wonder how much really cool stuff there is out there somewhere just waiting to be found. Or how much they have already found and are keeping secret.

Sure, it's conspiracy theory. Some of it. But I like having my already well fortified conspiracy theories bolstered. Like William Paley's watch analogy. I find this argument to be common sense and have never understood how anyone can block that out and actually scoff at it. Most notably Richard Dawkins, who wrote an entire book snidely mocking it and talking about the blind watchmaker. But, consistent with everything I've read from Dawkins, and a lot of people who are on the whole secular science bandwagon, a lot of really obvious flaws in reasoning arise. For instance, science is almost always used to defend their arguments. The fossil record, paleontology, archeology, geology and such. So they can find a watch and somehow question the necessity of a watchmaker, yet, find a sharp rock in some 30 million year old layer of the earth and have no doubt it's a sure sign of man. Or a footprint or a rock that was rounded. Definitely early man! The fossils don't lie. Someone fashioned and used that sharp rock to cut or the rounded rock to crush herbs. They talk about that as fact but question Paley who said that if you find a watch, it's a sure sign that the watch was made by someone. Why? Because Paley used his far more plausible scenario to support a belief in God. That was not the direction science wanted to go, so he was ignored. Made fun of.

In fact, if the sharp and rounded rocks were found in 30 million year old soil, THAT is not the direction science needs to go either so they would be rejected. Screened. "We need something identical in 100,000 year old soil to match our scientific aspirations," is probably what the official rejection would be. The vids I was watching were showing all kinds of things that were actually accepted and placed in museums for a while, but as science's chosen path made them obsolete, they were changed or just removed from the museums. There was a human footprint found in some soil that was pretty old. Too old for regular man, but consistent with ape man. It was pretty obviously a normal man's footprint, however. The differences are quite obvious even to a layman. The big toe of an ape-man is larger and can move out to the side of the foot like a thumb moves to the side of a hand. Much like an ape's foot. Other toes are longer as well. So the scientists agreed to put it into a major museum, I think it was the Smithsonian or the Berkeley natural history museum, but only if it was agreed that the ape-man just happened to be walking with his big toe pulled in and the other toes curled up so they appear smaller.

This is the kind of dismissive and frankly evasive thinking that my research has come up with time and time again. And I watched on happy that I am not the only one who thinks it is making science less scientific. It makes you wonder how many brilliant discoveries have been suppressed due to their variance from the accepted, (and probably not accurate), scientific model. It also makes a person wonder how many studies that might have turned up contradictory evidence have been defunded over the years.

I've never been a believer in aliens, but have always said that I would LOVE to find some evidence of them. The more I watch these vids the more I think there might be some pretty good evidence already and some other fantastic evidence being suppressed. The more I learn about scientifically advanced cultures from long ago and the relics and temples and monuments they left behind to be decoded when earth people finally caught up technologically, the more I wonder if there wasn't extra-terrestrial intelligence in ancient history. We all know the examples, the pyramids, Angkor Wat, Stonehenge, Machu Picchu, etc. But there are others I didn't know about and possibly others still to be officially discovered. There is supposed to be an underwater city just off the coast of Northwestern India that could be the oldest city ever. They've only been able to dredge so far and come up with iffy stuff. Is the funding for that slow to come about because science is worried about what might be revealed? Or are they at this moment secretly removing anything that might contradict popularly held scientific beliefs?

The best example I saw in the vids was talked about by a Swiss scientist who had been to the pyramids in Egypt and believed that the two rooms, and the shafts to them, are not the only rooms in the pyramids. He believes, and gave some old Sumerian tales and Sanskrit tablet writings that said there is a whole library of knowledge in a library inside the main pyramid. He actually went there and found a shaft. Nobody could tell how far back the shaft went but it was too small to go into so all agreed it went back a few feet then stopped. Well this guy found a friend who made a robot with a cam and some lights on it and, though it took a long time, got permission to put the robot into the shaft. It went WAAAY back, 208 feet back, and finally came to a door. But they weren't allowed to open the door. Why did it take so long to get permission? And while getting permission, was someone removing anything interesting that might be found? This intrigued me so I searched the internet and found this page.

It seems they DID get permission to drill the door and behind it they found - - - another door. This made the skeptic in me wonder, while they were getting permission to drill the first door, did someone put in the second door? If so, who and what is behind the door that they so desperately want to hide? Still, it's encouraging to see some real scientific exploration! Who knows what there is left out there that will blow the doors off our comfortable, but in need of updating, scientific knowledge?

Alfred Russel Wallace, who was the originator of the theory of evolution through natural selection, which Darwin rushed to publish the definitive book on before Wallace could, believed in non-material, or spiritual origins of the higher faculties he saw in man. As I've said before, I don't doubt Darwin did too, he just suppressed them, and not so well, in his writing, by euphemistically calling God "Nature." This was to fit into the secular direction science had newly espoused.

Many a Nobel Prize winning scientist were very interested and actually did studies on the paranormal. Names like Curie, Tesla, Crooks, even Einstein come up. Modern scientists are still having their papers refused for publication if they stray too far into the unknown though. However, the hope is kept alive by scientists like Brian Josephson, another Nobel Prize winner.

Mind, spirit, gods, God or aliens, if there is scientific evidence out there waiting to be discovered, I would sure like to see science support this direction rather than ignore it or mock it. I fondly wish for a massive undeniable discovery. I think we could be close.

No comments:

Post a Comment