Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Two Outstanding Speeches

Probably the second best speech I've ever heard about the world we live in. Remarkably given by a politician. Let's just go over some of the bullet points:

- Secrecy is repugnant in a free and open society.

EVERYTHING is triple protected with usernames, passwords and secret questions FOR OUR CONVENIENCE. I hate these things because I am a free and open person. I don't require secrecy and have very often wondered at people, businesses and countries who are so desperately concerned with hiding, concealing and keeping things secret. Secret codes, secret bank accounts, secret clubs, secret societies. These all smack of things other than freedom and openness if you ask me.

-The dangers of unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweigh the dangers which are cited to justify it.

How do people justify secret actions? It's for the good of the _____ (insert completion of lie here). Company, country, world? Secrecy is a very large part of deceit. I am getting a crash course on that as you may have been reading in my recent blog entries and can read below. Just one of the dangers of it is a nightmarish society in which greed is good, kindness is weakness, lying is considered necessary, and brotherhood is sacrificed at the altar of the almighty dollar. And Kennedy was right. Nowadays few people are honest and genuine. Most secretly want to stomp you into the ground and steal your fair share to gain themselves one that is unfairly large.

-... an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to increase its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment.

Before the announced need for increased security will be SUCCESSFULLY seized upon, fear must be strategically sown. Enough fear to convince people that illegally levied taxes are "needed" to pay for the increased security. Invasive attacks on personal rights and freedoms are also needed. Then the fear mongers and freedom thieves, who are or represent the companies and corporations that will provide said increased security laugh all the way to the bank at the gullibility of their frightened, but obedient benefactors.

Here in China I am astounded by the general public's fear to stand up, speak out or even THINK about what is fair and honest for fear that they might be offending the powers that be. Those very powers who created that fear and censorship for their personal gain. Even in the midst of cruel and unconscionable treatment by their employers, I've seen people who are so afraid to lose their jobs that they can effectively repress reality and continue trusting in the confidence pedlars for whom they work.

- For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on  covet means for expanding its sphere of influence. ...On subversion instead of elections... Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Dissenters are silenced, not praised.

People, the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. Whether you learn that from The Usual Suspects or Charles Baudelaire, it's a truth that applies to everyone's lives. There IS a conspiracy, a WORLD conspiracy, but the most effective means of its concealment has been the writing off of any of its whistleblowers as conspiracy theorists.

I wish he had gone a bit more into the "covet means" part to show how this world conspiracy is fed by GREED.

It relies on subversion rather than elections. I don't believe there has been a fair election in North America since this man was elected in 1960, with the possible exception of Mexico. JFK predicted half a century of fraud deceitfully disguised as freedom of choice. And what happened to all the information found about these "elections" being PROVEN false? Buried! Forgotten about. We all just went along in the guise that it never existed. Exactly how the U.S. is living day by day under the MOST fallacious of fake presidents to date.

The saddest part of this speech is the last line in which he effectively predicts his own assassination. "Dissenters are silenced, not praised." The world will never know how many dissenters have been silenced. It's one of the secrets. But John Kennedy certainly deserved praise, not assassination!

- For as a wise man once said, 'An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it.'

Other than false elections we continue to stage, (and pay absurd amounts of money for), how many mistakes do we keep repeating and repeating without correction? All they need is a person in a position to correct them, and ANOTHER person who knows how much money the first person will accept to delay their correction. This, friends, is euphemistically called "lobbying," when it should be called perpetuating the conspiracy. It is not only practiced, but actually respected!

Greed crashing the stock market. "Oh, we promise never to do it again," say the people who got rich while everybody was losing everything. They are foolishly believed and they do it all over again.

"Oh, THIS time we really NEED to go to war," say those same war mongers from above. And they are believed again after probably staging some false flag show to encourage public outrage.

"We promise to for surely be more environmentally friendly," says the conglomerate that is once again believed and not taxed for its pollution.

"We are definitely right now putting together a plan to pay fair living wages to all our employees," lies the filthy rich company after putting "Outsource India" on hold to tell this lie.

"We DO care about the filthy, little, lower and middle class, and we are going to implement a plan to make disgustingly rich people piles more money so that their crumbs will be more substantial for you putridly poor creatures. HONEST!"

The only reason this is not public knowledge is the efforts of our rulers, that monolithic and ruthless bunch of scumbags, to conceal it and to ensure us all that it is all conspiracy THEORY, not actual conspiracy.

Then the part where he talks about the world getting smaller and news being more important to keep people informed and educated. Well, that didn't happen, did it? We went completely the other way! And now, the BEST speech I've heard about the world we live in during which George Carlin talks, not quite so elegantly, about this conspiracy too.

It's a big club and you ain't in it.


I may not agree with the writing at the end, but George Carlin was right on the money!

As for me and my ongoing attempt at dissent in this world of conspiracy, I just quit my job for the second time!

Yup, this time for good. I am just tired of representatives of what Kennedy called the "covet means" lying right to my face and stealing my money. The latest was a beaut! They call me in to work a little bit early. They have a new girl working with me named Doris whose English is better than the other girls', (except Faith's), and she seems like a nice girl. They know I like her. They also know I can't stand the new HR girl. There I go using that redundant word "new" again. Everybody where I work is new. I worked for them for 9 months and everybody but the owner and Mr. Liu, the brass, was replaced at least twice. Anyway the HR girl knew it would be a good tactic to get Doris to call me in early. They didn't tell me it was for a meeting with her. In fact Doris said, "We want to meet with you." And I asked who "we" was. She just said her co-worker. I guessed then.

What I didn't guess was the topic of the conversation or the fact that my class had been cancelled. They got young, innocent Doris to lie to me and say the parents all at the same time, half an hour before class, called to cancel. Poor girl. She believes in honesty. She'll be eaten alive at this place. Like I was. So, what happened, and was kept from me, was the class was cancelled. But this HR bitch can't stand it when I have free time! She's been ordering me to work on holidays, and on my weekend since she started. That's why I hate her. So instead of text me, which would have been no problem, they devise a way to waste more of my time and money with this meeting.

I got there and they told me they wanted to talk about the recent classes I didn't teach. One was a sick day and one was a holiday. We'll start with the sick day. If you've read my blog lately, you'll know I wasn't expecting to be paid on Oct. 15th, my payday. Well, I wasn't. In the heyday of my employment with Huasheng, they paid on a the Friday before the weekend if the payday fell on the weekend. Oct. 15th was a Sunday. No pay on the Friday or the Sunday. I was not surprised. But on the 16th I had nothing in my account and I sent messages to Mr. Liu, Diana, (the owner), and this HR bitch. Nothing nasty, just "when will I be paid," and "why haven't I been paid?" NONE of them replied for two days. Completely ghosted me! So on the night of the second day I looked drank 22 beer and called in sick. I didn't bother to fight the unwinnable argument about going to the doctor and getting a note in advance of the sickness. They said they were going to charge me 400 RMB per hour for my absence. That's about 80 bucks and I missed two hours. So it is 160 bucks. This from a company that very recently offered to pay me about 20 bucks an hour.

I laughed that one off because there was nothing I could do. An all too familiar feeling when working at Huasheng. Helplessness as they steal my money. Next she brought up the part in my contract where it says I am supposed to get all Chinese public holidays off. And she launches into how I will be charged for refusing a class ON A HOLIDAY. Not only was it a Chinese holiday, Oct. 8, it was a Sunday and it was Canadian Thanksgiving. AAAANNNNDDDD, I worked 4 hours that day even though I didn't have to! "Don't care, want more!"

I repeated several times that I didn't have to work that day because it was a holiday. And that, in her idiom, she had scheduled the three classes in the LEAST convenient way possible. ON PURPOSE. There was one in the early morning and two at night. All two hour classes. I pleaded with her to change the morning class to the afternoon but she just kept demanding I teach it. In the end I said I would teach the afternoon classes or none at all. Then she hounded me with several messages ordering me to teach and I ignored her. She even called former employees who had quit to call me and get me to respond to her. I didn't. Finally she messages me and says, "Okay, cancel the morning class?" I responded, "Yes." Well obviously, the bullshit Asian way to defend yourself when you are completely wrong was needed: I had cost her face. So she must punish me. I'm sorry but I hate working there already, I'm not going to have an ongoing pissing contest with a zero like her!

So anyway, 800 more deducted. Ignore the fact that YOU just told me I didn't have to work at all that day, I will be punished for not working that day. Absolutely astounding, isn't it? So then she, (through the translation of Doris), asked if there was anything else I wanted to tell the management. Mr. Liu and Diana are trying to establish Doris as a buffer because when I contact them directly, it is usually about my being cheated by them and they don't want to deal with that. It takes them out of their happy little fantasy in which they are good businesspeople and good people.

I said to Doris that I DID have something to say so as not to make this trip to the office a complete waste of my time and my 50 RMB taxi money. If I wasn't 100% sure before this ambush, I was now, so I told her I officially quit. I was asked for my reasons and went over several. Like the fact that this capitalist monster beside her was complicit with management in delaying my pay and ignoring my inquiries about it. I showed her the exact text with the exact time. It was two days later that I got paid. I asked shitface why she didn't respond and she just bowed her head in guilt. So Doris saw this and her stealing my money and lying right to my face. But STILL Doris refuses to admit that these people and this company are not good. She continues to defend them.

In my letter of resignation I mentioned how trust was lost and I told Doris to mention to her owners that my last day will be Oct. 31. I have 2 hours of work on that day with over 100 students. It's a huge amount of money for the company. Doris relayed my message to HR Rottencrotch that I will not teach that class unless I am paid by Oct. 30. This was a week in advance. Of course HR Rottencrotch says the insanely absurd, but expected, "There is no way we can pay you at that time. We have a system and we can not change it just for you." And she got Doris to relay this message. And Doris naively believed it. My pay will be something in the neighbourhood of 6000 RMB. That's 1150 Canadian. That's with the bullshit deductions. I am never going to see this money. I have told Doris this repeatedly. I have given her several examples of people who were stiffed for their final paychecks by Hwasheng, I have given her wechat contacts, I have told her the legends that Faith has told me, and she just tells me she doesn't want to contact any of them. She doesn't like hearing about how this company has destroyed its reputation by not paying and that's why it's going into the toilet. Because she is afraid. Afraid that the world really IS this highly organized and monolithic conspiracy. Afraid she won't ever escape it. Afraid that even her country, that she was taught the opposite about in grade school, is a willing participant in this world conspiracy. Poor kid!

So now that I won't have to work on Halloween, (I probably would have worn a costume and the kids would have LOVED it!), I have worked my last for Huasheng and I feel ABSOLUTELY GREAT about it! All day today I have been humming a happy tune. The fact that they have stolen from me, or cost me the depressing amount of about 15000 bucks, probably more, I have to chalk up to experience like all the other rip-offs I have endured in my ESL career. How am I doing that? The way I always do: I am travelling. I'm gonna go to Korea this weekend and visit Amber, DB, Heather, Mike and the kids and Gord is flying there from China too. He's my friend who has worked at the Australian school in Shenyang for years. So we will all drink some good Korean beer, watch some Korean Series between the Kia Tigers, (DB, Amber and my fave), and the Doosan Bears, (Heather, Mike and family's fave). I will also stock up on much needed supplies and probably get a couple teeth filled.

Then I'll return to a much easier schedule with infinitely less stress. And heat will be on by midweek too! I'll have a little over a month to teach then I'll be done for a couple months or more. Then I'll either continue working for the university by transferring my visa to them, or go to the job in Shenyang and get a whole new work visa. This nightmare with Huasheng will fade to just an amusing few blogposts.

 But the fight against injustice in the world will go on! Fear not, readers. Even if I land that job in Shenyang and love it, I'll find something to write/complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment