Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Past Peg-Pulling Time?

 I'm going to begin by referring to my previous post and, regrettably, I have to suspend my license to practice medicine for the moment. The one I bestowed upon myself last post. I can re-bestow it if I want. You're not the boss of me. 

I read a bit further on the subject of the little-known SECOND job of the pancreas, the EXOcrine as opposed to the ENDOcrine functions we're all familiar with. Turns out that PERT (pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy) could actually RAISE blood sugar by causing foods to be broken down more rapidly and, uh, turned into glucose. The enzymes help in proper digestion which includes improving the absorption of carbs and starches, or more to the point, the glucose they become. 

However, I have so much stomach acid, which is destroying the limited digestive enzymes my pancreas produces anyway, and this can cause both reflux and malnutrition. I may be eating more than I need to get the nutrients I need. It seems to me that (and again I may be making assumptions here) my stomach acid is working so hard BECAUSE of a lack of pancreatic digestive enzymes. My stomach is trying to do the job they're supposed to be doing. So maybe PERT might still be worth a try. Maybe if I introduce more of the enzymes my pancreas is producing too few of (do we get these from pigs too?) my stomach might go back to producing normal levels of acid and my reflux won't be such a huge problem. I might even get more nutrients and feel healthier. And if we're going to dream big, maybe if the PERT increases my digestive efficiency, maybe I won't feel like I need to eat so much. If this all happens, I'm officially giving myself back my license to practice medicine. I'm still going to suggest it to my diabetes doctor when I visit him next month.

But I still have doubts about convincing him to try it. I find talking to doctors very similar to talking to Trump supporters. It's like they have one foot pegged into the ground like circus elephants and they can only talk, relate, (dare I even say reason?) within the circle to which the peg limits them. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again and again until I'm dead: What we need is for the whole world to collectively realize what our individual pegs are what are preventing us from making this whole world the relatively happy place it should be. The resulting stampede would crush a few rich, greedy asshole plutocrats but it'd be well worth it. 

But, like this poor elephant in the picture who would probably let people spray her with water, throw rocks at her, take her baby, starve her, and possibly kill her before she just plucks that peg out and attacks, what are the lengths we are willing to endure before we pull pegs and attack? I am daily affronted with new examples of these seemingly limitless lengths in news stories and most of them are from just one country. I'll give you a few. See if you know what country they're from.

A woman strangled her kids (5 years old, 3 years old, and 8 months old) then jumped out a window. It's okay though, her husband forgave her. I say if a guy is a murderer when he drinks too much then kills someone in a car accident, YOU are a murderer if you have a mental condition, don't take your meds and then kill someone. But then in even a halfway normal world would we even be here? How many times a day do YOU ask that question?

The supreme court of that same country recently ruled that since AI-generated child porn does not depict real persons, (even though it's generated using real pics of real kids) it's okay

Any guesses yet? What "civilized" country is this? In case you think the protection of kids in the country you've guessed is the only problem there, the country in question is quite international in its neglect of the vulnerable who are in need of adult protection. A rapper got kicked off the tour of an even MORE famous entertainer recently for declaring that kids in Gaza shouldn't be slaughtered. I had to use a link from reddit because Facebook has blocked this video of Gaza kids telling the artist to stay strong and thanking him for doing the grown-up thing that is outside of other's circles who have Israel as the spikes in their feet. Israeli attacks in Sept of 2026 included an 11-year-old boy in a "safe" zone in Gaza. But the country is not Israel if that was your guess. Just spiked to them ironically through a religion that spiked its saviour to a cross. Ostensibly. 

I better be careful or I'M gonna get blocked like the above rapper. The CIA might send one of their beastial, beastly, beastiality agents after my ass. I might be labelled a terrorist for condemning terrorism.

And if they don't get me, tech experts from this country say that AI will end ALL of humanity within a decade anyway

Pssst... it's the U.S. If you haven't followed any of the links above. The United States. You've heard I'm sure how the US is sometimes called the greatest social experiment the world has ever known. Here's an article that shows how the successes of capitalism are the very reasons that the social experiment that is America has failed. And while reading it, remember it's over a year old and think of all that's happened just in the past year in the U. S. of A. and adjust every statistic to make it worse accordingly. It's time to pull the peg, or the plug, on that experiment. Long past. And given the effect America has on the other countries of the world, I'd say it's long past peg-pulling time all over.

It's fall. While death is not always nice, I could add to my favourite smell list the pleasant aroma of dead leaves I get while strolling through my new neighbourhood. I passed this house just yesterday.

Yeah, I think that'd be a case of premature e-Jack-o-lantern. But it's getting close to the glorious month of October, isn't it? In October here in Canada we have Thanksgiving and then in November we honour our fallen war heroes on Remembrance Day. This is the time of year when I think we should give the greatest consideration to what we've done with our countries (or allowed to be done TO them) and whether or not our "Greatest Generation" foreparents would be happy or tell us to pull our pegs out and stomp the shit out of the people who've made things the way they are. 

You know what I think. What do YOU reckon?

No comments:

Post a Comment